What is a Travel Clinic?
We provide immunizations, medications, and travel health education for people traveling abroad to developing countries. By making sure you're up-to-date with your routine vaccinations & additional immunizations, you can protect yourself against infectious disease AND you'll prevent the spread of disease to other people in the community upon your return. Our Travel Health Pharmacist will create a travel health report for you that is specific to your destination, specific activities, current health status, and requirements for entry into that country. Not everyone's travel plans will be the same so let us go through your activities to make sure that we avoiding unnecessary medications and immunizations but also covering you from any additional health risks.
Download our Travel Brochure here.
Who are we?
We are a Yellow Fever Certified Travel Clinic by the Georgia Department of Public Health approved by The World Health Organization (WHO), and recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As a pharmacist-driven travel clinic, we provide travel health information, medications, and immunizations after a thorough assessment of your current -medications, health status, and travel destination requirements. Our travel clinic can provide most any vaccination requested or required for travel. Our patients have had wonderful experiences in North and South America, Africa, Australia, Europe and Asia. These vaccinations require more time and expertise than a regular pharmacy's flu clinic, so you cannot just walk in and receive your medications and immunizations, but we can definitely offer much more flexibility than other travel clinics (Clarke County Health Department or UGA Health center). We will work with your current primary care physician to fit all of your travel health needs.
How do I get started with your Travel Clinic?
- Contact us at least 6 weeks before the date of your travel
- Your appointment date may depend on which vaccinations or medications you need. Certain medications and vaccinations may need to be separated by a period of time.
- Fill out the Medical Questionnaire and Consent forms
- We will confirm which medications and immunizations you will need with you over the phone or through email
- Let your physician know that we'll be contacting them to obtain any necessary prescriptions for the medications or immunizations that you may need
- We will fax your physician with a prescription request that they'll sign and fax back to us
- Make an appointment to receive you travel services.
Hours of Operation:
- Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am-12:30pm